Saturday, 26 January 2019
3.00pm – 4.00pm
Held once a year during Singapore Art Week in January, this panel session is a programme highlight that falls on the busiest, most anticipated art month of the year in Singapore, with local Art Week festivities and Art Stage Singapore. It is a platform for prominent collectors to share their philosophy behind collecting and their own collection with the visiting international crowd, our clients and the general public. Through this, we hope to inspire collecting locally and draw attention to some of the most exciting collections around the world. Some speakers we’ve had in the past include Alan Servais, Steve & Chiara Rosenblum, Howard Tam and Jim Amberson.
Watch this space and sign up for our mailing list for updates!
In Talks With: T.K. Sabapathy
Saturday, 19 January 2019
Join us in this talk with T.K. Sabapathy, as he shares keen insights about local artist Cheong Soo Pieng and his innovative composing processes as a pioneer of East-West modernism since the 1950s.
About the Speaker
T. K. Sabapathy, born in 1938, is Singapore’s foremost art historian, curator and critic. For four decades, he has devoted his life to the research, documentation and support of contemporary visual arts in Singapore and Malaysia. He has been a lecturer of art history at the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological Institution and National Institute of Education. He set up and headed Singapore’s pioneer art research facilities, the Contemporary Asian Art Centre and subsequently, Asia Contemporary. He has also written countless articles, books, catalogues and artist monographs, making an invaluable contribution to the study of art in Southeast Asia, and is well respected for his scholarship and beloved for his tireless advocacy of art and artists of Singapore and Malaysia.
Guest Studio Rentals
Guest Studio Rentals and Membership
Membership is open to individuals who:
- Has completed a successful interview process, whereby on presentation of their portfolio of printmaking works and are deemed qualified to handle the presses independently with minimal/no supervision
- Has completed a studio and Health and Safety induction session with a Studio Manager to ensure safe usage of equipment and materials
- For those that are new to the printmaking process or those that have not printed for some time, are required to attend at least one STPI workshop session
- Kindly note that the eligibility to use the guest workshop is subjected to approval by STPI
- Members must be at least 18 years old and be responsible for their own actions
- Guest studio rental at a discounted rate
- A 10% discount on selected STPI workshops
- Invitations to events and exhibitions at STPI
Guest Studio Access
- Guest Studio Hours:
Mondays to Saturdays: 9am – 6pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- At least 1 week prior booking of the guest studio is required. All bookings will be on a first-come-first-served basis
Guest Studio Membership Fee & Rental
- Membership Fee: $100
- Renewal Fee from 2nd year onwards: $80
- Half Day/4-hour session: $40 ($60 for non-members)
- Whole Day/8-hour session: $80 ($120 for non-members)
- Exclusive Guest Studio Rate (whole studio per day – 5 people max): $350
- 10 whole day sessions (valid for 6 months): $ 600
- 25 whole day sessions (valid for 12 months): $1400
Guest Studio Fee & Rental for Current Students & STPI Staff
- Membership Fee: $50
- Half Day/4-hour session: $20
- Whole Day/8-hour session: $40
To note: All rental fees are inclusive of use of the presses, newsprint paper, solvents, squeegees and rollers. The fee does not include printing papers, inks and other consumables – members are encouraged to bring their own materials.
For enquiries, please contact [email protected].
Complimentary guided tours of STPI are conducted by Friends of the Museums (FOM) docent volunteers. Guided tours can be arranged upon request for both adult and children groups. The tour will take approximately 1 hour and can accommodate up to 40 participants.
Kindly give at least 3 weeks’ notice for tour requests. Please provide the following information:
- Organisation / School
- Number of participants
- Age group of participants
- Objective of visit
- Preferred date and time for the tour
Please send your tour requests and enquiries to Dahlia Osman at [email protected]