11.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday & Sunday, 24 – 25 February
11.00am – 5.00pm
For two days only, discover the wonders of art-making through various print and papermaking activities. Revisit Singapore’s unique heritage architecture at this edition of Open House! It’s good fun for all ages – for creativity knows no bounds!
Printmaking & Art Activities
24 – 25 Feb, 11am – 5pm
Location: STPI Gallery
Get your creative game on with printmaking activities inspired by Kim Lim’s practice, and explore art and design elements of heritage architecture offered at several stations:
Design and carve your own Kim-Lim inspired abstract stamps to create a unique master print!
Collect & Compose (Theme: Heritage Architecture)
Create your own unique heritage building print using lino relief stamp designs bearing culture-inspired motifs and building elements.
Paper Pulp Play
Create your own layered paper pulp art!
Design to Print
Choose from our pre-designed screens or create your own stencil to print an image onto paper or a tote bag (available for sale at $10 each)!
Marble & Bind
Create your very own marbled cover and learn to bind a personalised notebook!
Printmaking and Papermaking Activities
25 Feb ONLY, 11am – 5pm (Last entry: 4.30pm)
Location: STPI Creative Workshop
Immerse yourself in this exclusive, once-in-a-year experience of creating prints and paper with our Printmakers and Papermakers!
Plain tote bags available for sale at $10 each (for screen print station only).
Drypoint Etching Workshop (2 sessions)
24 Feb, 11am – 1pm (Session 1), 3pm – 5pm (Session 2)
Location: STPI Guest Studio
$30/participant, Registration required. Limited spaces
Keen to take your printmaking to the next level? Transform your drawings into prints in this dedicated drypoint etching workshop conducted by our Senior Education Outreach Officer Dahlia Osman. An intaglio printmaking technique, the drypoint consists of lines inscribed onto an acrylic plate to create an image. Experience etching, inking and printing!
RSVP to [email protected]
“Kim Lim: Sculpting Light” Exhibition Tour
English: 24 Feb, 10am – 11am
Japanese: 25 Feb, 10am – 11am
Location: STPI Gallery
Gain valuable insights into pioneer British-Singaporean printmaker and sculptor Kim Lim’s practice on a tour led by STPI’s knowledgeable, passionate docents!
(From 18 January onwards)
Every Thursday: 11:30AM and Saturday: 2:00PM
Evening Tour: Friday, 2 February, 6:00PM
Conducted by Friends of the Museums (FOM) docent volunteers, regular guided tours of the current exhibition and facility at STPI are open to the public to gain insights into the exhibited works and artistic process in the STPI Creative Workshop. The tour will take approximately 1 hour and admission is complimentary.
Complimentary guided tours of the exhibition and facility at STPI are conducted by Friends of the Museums (FOM) docent volunteers. Guided tours can be arranged upon request for both adult and children groups. The tour will take approximately 1 hour and can accommodate up to 40 participants. Kindly give at least 3 weeks’ notice for tour requests. Please provide the following information:
Please send your tour requests and enquiries to Esther Chew at [email protected]
Guest Studio Rentals
Membership is open to individuals who:
– Have completed a successful interview, whereby on presentation of their portfolio of printmaking works and deemed qualified to handle the presses independently with minimal supervision.
– Have completed a studio and Health and Safety induction session with a Studio Manager to ensure safe usage of equipment and materials.
– For those who are new to the printmaking process or have not printed for some time, they are required to attend at least 1 STPI workshop session.
– Kindly note that the eligibility to use the guest workshop is subject to approval by STPI.
– Members must be at least 18 years old and should take responsibility for their own actions.
The benefits of membership include:
– Guest studio rental at a discounted rate.
– A 10% discount on selected STPI workshops & programmes.
– Invitations to events and exhibitions at STPI.
Guest Studio Access
Guest Studio Hours:
– Mondays to Fridays: 10am – 7pm
– Saturdays from 9am– 6pm
– Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
– At least 1 week prior booking of the guest studio is required.
All bookings will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
– First Year Printmaking Membership Fee: $100
– Renewal fee from 2nd year at $80
– Half Day Guest Studio Rental (4 hour session): $35
– Whole Day Guest Studio Rental (8 hour session): $70
– Exclusive Guest Studio Rate – (to book the whole studio per day – 5 people max): $300
– 10 full days sessions (valid for 6 months): $ 500
– 25 full days sessions (valid for 12 months): $1000
To note: All fees are inclusive of use of the presses, newsprint paper, solvents, limited inks, Squeegees and rollers. The fee does not include printing papers, extra inks and other consumables – members are encouraged to bring their own materials.
For enquiries, contact Senior Education & Outreach Officer Dahlia Osman at [email protected].