The STPI Guest Studio is a fully-equipped workspace for practicing printmakers and printmaking-trained students. The Studio facilities include a hydraulic relief press, an etching printing press, and a lithography printing press.
Guest Studio Booking Process
1. Complete the and submit the following:
- Guest Studio Application Form (click here to download)
- Digital portfolio
2. Interested applicants must be at least 18 years old.
3. Interested applicants must undergo an interview process with a portfolio presentation of printmaking works to determine if they are qualified and equipped with knowledge to handle the presses independently with minimal/no supervision.
4. Successful applicants will undergo a studio Health and Safety induction session with the Guest Studio Manager to ensure safe usage of equipment and materials.
5. Successful applicants who are new to the printmaking process or have not printed for some time might be asked to attend a refresher course on their chosen print media techniques with the Senior Instructor.
6. In order to ensure that all Guest Studio users can work safely and independently in their chosen print media, STPI may require members to take additional workshop sessions to obtain and/or maintain their printing skills, if deemed necessary.
Membership is open to individuals who:
- Has completed a successful interview process, whereby on presentation of their portfolio of printmaking works and are deemed qualified to handle the presses independently with minimal/no supervision
- Prior to the interview, please send us a website link, work portfolio, and/or photo attachments that show your printmaking works; with the medium and techniques indicated. It will also help if you could specify which printmaking technique/s you’re planning to practice in our Guest Studio.
- Has completed a studio and Health and Safety induction session with a Studio Manager to ensure safe usage of equipment and materials
- For those that are new to the printmaking process or those that have not printed for some time, are required to attend at least one STPI workshop session
- Kindly note that the eligibility to use the guest workshop is subjected to approval by STPI
- Members must be at least 18 years old and be responsible for their own actions
Guest Studio Rates
- 4-hour package, one-time booking: SGD100 (Student rate — SGD50)
- 20-hour package, valid for 6 months: SGD500 (Student rate — SGD250)
- 40-hour package, valid for 12 months: SGD800 (Student rate — SGD400)
Please note that each session booked must be a minimum of 4 hours.
Guest Studio Membership
Join our Guest Studio Membership programme and enjoy an exclusive discount on our Guest Studio rental rates. Members also enjoy 10% off on selected STPI workshops and Invitations to events and exhibitions at STPI.
- 1 year: $100
- 2 years: $150
- 1 year, Student rate: $50
Guest Studio Rates for Members
- 4-hour package, one-time booking: SGD80 (Student rate — SGD40)
- 20-hour package, valid for 6 months: SGD400 (Student rate — SGD200)
- 40-hour package, valid for 12 months: SGD600 (Student rate — SGD300)
Please note that each session booked must be a minimum of 4 hours. Membership benefits include:
- Guest studio rental at a discounted rate
- Priority rental of the Guest Studio
- 10% off selected STPI Workshops
- Invitations to events and exhibitions at STPI
All rental fees are inclusive of use of the presses, newsprint paper, essential solvents, squeegees and rollers. The fee does not include printing papers, inks and other consumables – members are encouraged to bring their own materials.
Guest Studio Hours
Monday to Friday, 11am – 6pm
Saturday, 10am – 5pm
Sunday, 11am – 4pm
Closed on Public Holidays
All bookings will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. Priority will be given to Guest Studio members. Please refer to Article 2 of the Terms & Conditions for further stipulations on securing a booking.
Please email your application to:
Ms. Yang Xiuting
STPI – Creative Workshop & Gallery
41 Robertson Quay
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.