STPI is delighted to announce the inaugural edition of Printmakers’ Assembly, an exhibition celebrating the strength, richness and variability of printmaking practices in Southeast Asia. A leading institution in contemporary art and printmaking since 2002, STPI has built a strong gallery programme around crucial collaborations with established international artists-in-residence. This initiative expands on our commitment to champion printmaking practices, and emerges as a new platform showcasing the works of independent printmakers and print enthusiasts based in Southeast Asian countries.
Taking the format of a curated presentation of 20 selected participating artists and collectives, Printmakers’ Assembly welcomes a range of technical and conceptual approaches: from competencies in the four fundamental printmaking categories such as relief, intaglio, lithography and screenprint, to contemporary methods and combinations that revitalise and expand the possibilities of print. Application to this exhibition is open to printmakers and print enthusiasts of Southeast Asian nationalities, who are able to display a strong portfolio of printmaking practices.
Printmakers’ Assembly will be supported by a host of public programmes aiming to foster appreciation towards print techniques, approaches and discourse in the climate of contemporary art.
Note: With regards to the developing situation of COVID-19, Printmakers’ Assembly 2020’s exhibition dates have been postponed until further notice.
Due to the high volume of requests, STPI is expanding our Open Call to all nationalities, welcoming international applicants from Southeast Asia and beyond.
Following the rapid development of the COVID-19 pandemic and the unfortunate delays it has brought to all sectors, we have extended the Open Call Deadline to Thursday, 9 April 2020. In the spirit of encouraging a wider range of applications, we are pleased to announce that the participation fee of SGD150 will be waived – all applicants will only need to make a payment for the application fee of SGD50. Further, in adhering to travel restrictions during this period, successful applicants will no longer be required to travel to Singapore for the installation of artworks and the exhibition opening.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibition venue: STPI Gallery, 41 Robertson Quay, Singapore 238236
Open Call Deadline: Thursday, 9 April 2020, 11:59PM Singapore Time
Eligibility and Entry Requirement
- Printmakers’ Assembly is open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must not apply on behalf of other artists.
- Applicants must not be represented by a gallery at the time of application and exhibition.
- Applicants may submit up to a maximum of 10 artworks, all fitting to a designated space of white wall spanning 5m in width and 3m in height.
- Submitted printmaking work can be defined as a work of any, or a combination, of the four fundamental printmaking categories (relief, intaglio, lithography, screenprint), including contemporary methods and approaches towards these fundamental categories. Digital printing is not eligible for this entry if used as the sole printing technique, and has to be used supplementary to other print techniques from aforementioned categories.
- Upon acceptance, STPI’s curatorial team will allocate each successful Applicant’s exhibition space based on the quality of proposals.
- By submitting the signed and completed application form, Applicants unconditionally agree to abide by all Terms & Conditions in the application form.
Entry Fees and Package
- Applicants will be required to submit a non-refundable application fee of SGD 50 (inclusive of GST). Please email a proof of payment together with your application form to email@example.com.
- Successful Applicants will be entitled to:
- A space of white wall, spanning 5m in width and 3m in height.
- Individual wall signage, featuring Applicant’s information and contact details.
- Assistance in installation by STPI-appointed art-handlers, subject to STPI’s schedule.
- White LED lighting available in the gallery space.
- Promotional mentions of Applicant and artwork details across a selection of marketing materials, both print and digital.
How to Apply
Completed applications must be submitted by Thursday, 9 April 2020, 11:59PM. Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Please email the completed and signed application form, artwork submission form(s), and all supporting documents listed in the section below to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email subject Application for Printmakers’ Assembly 2020.
- Completed and signed Application Form (Annex A).
- Artwork Submission Form (Annex B):
- Each Applicant may submit a maximum of 10 works.
- Submitted works must be completed; works-in-progress will not be accepted.
- Each work or series must feature an artwork write-up, detailing the techniques and ideas behind the work, as well as the preferred mode of hanging, installation, and display (max. 200 words per write-up).
- Artworks may or may not be framed. Artwork delivery, collection, shipping and framing costs will be fully borne by Applicant.
- Supporting documents of CV and/or Portfolio.
- Proof of payment of application fee of SGD 50 (inclusive of GST).
All application fees and participation fees for successful Applicants can be made to:
Beneficiary Name: Singapore Tyler Print Institute
SGD Bank A/C No: 033-900317-4
Bank: DBS Bank Ltd
Branch: Raffles City Branch, Singapore
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
If you have an online banking account, you may use your bank’s mobile app to make payment via PayNow UENs (unique entity number) or PayNow QR (Quick Response) codes.
UEN No: 200008878C
Reference number/Description: Applicant’s Full Name
Please attach your proof of payment together with your application form to email@example.com, or printed and included in your hard-copy submission.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.