We currently have no job opportunities available.
STPI’s Gallery Internship Programme provides a unique platform for individuals to gain valuable insight into the different facets of gallery programming and operations through supporting the gallery team from the various departments – Communications, Education & Outreach, Registrar and Sales. Depending on current projects and schedules, interns will take on various roles and gallery duties, with tasks ranging from managing day-to-day gallery operations, research and write up of upcoming exhibitions and Visiting Artist Projects, to preparation for exhibition openings and event set ups.
Internship Programme priority will be given to students as STPI works closely with schools as an internship provider to host students from various tertiary institutions such as Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore, Singapore Management University and National Technological University.
General Internship Period
January – April/May
(Please submit your application by Mid-November)
May/June – August
(Please submit your application by Mid-March)
August/September – October/November
(Please submit your application by Mid-June)
November – December/January
(Please submit your application by Mid-September)
Gallery Internship Requirements
- Gallery internships will require at least an 8-week commitment period.
- Interested applicants over 18 years old are eligible to apply.
- Internship programmes are only open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents. Foreigners with Work Holiday pass or with student visas and are current studying at local institutions may apply.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
- Possess good communication & time management skills.
- Excellent and responsible team player who enjoys new challenges.
- Able to work independently on tasks assigned; the ability to multitask is essential.
- Please indicate the internship period you are applying for and the duration of your internship. Proposed dates will be subject to approval.
- Interviews with be conducted with selected candidates; candidates to bring along necessary certifications and CVs.
- STPI reserves the right to reject any incomplete application. Please provide us with full documentation as required.
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials:
1) Completed application form (Click to Download)
2) Curriculum vitae
3) Letter of recommendation, from an academic or professional referee
4) Academic transcripts
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates will be notified within 30 days after the interview.
Missed the Internship Application Date?
You may still send us your internship application & necessary stated documents. Your application may be considered depending on availability of internship / volunteer positions.
Please email your application to:
Ms. Aderyl Tan
STPI – Creative Workshop & Gallery
41 Robertson Quay
STPI is a not-for-profit organisation that relies on various funding sources for its operations. It is through the generosity of donors that we are empowered to be one of the leading institutions in Asia for contemporary art, committed to the production and presentation of innovative artistic works in the mediums of print and papermaking.
Find out how you can support our programme through various channels of donation below.