Membership is open to individuals who:
- Has completed a successful interview process, whereby on presentation of their portfolio of printmaking works and are deemed qualified to handle the presses.
- Has completed a studio and Health and Safety induction session with a Studio Manager to ensure safe usage of equipment and materials.
- For those that are new to the printmaking process or those that have not printed for some time, are required to attend at least 1 STPI workshops session.
- Kindly note that the eligibility to use the guest workshop by new participants is subjected to approval by STPI.
- Members must be at least 18 years old and be responsible for their own actions.
The benefits of membership include:
- Guest studio rental at a discounted rate.
- A 10% discount on all STPI workshops & Programmes.
- A 10% discount on all STPI merchandise and benefit prints.
- Invitations to events and exhibitions at STPI.
- A 10% discount for various materials by appointed suppliers
- Hours: Monday to Saturday from 9.00 am– 5:00 pm.
- Maximum number of people allowed to work in the studio at any time is 3.
- Members have to book in time with the Guest Studio Manager and be aware that when there is an Artist in Residence or STPI classes, access to the studio will be limited.
- Booking of studio time must be paid for in full on the day of using the studio –either before or after the session
- A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to cancel a session and to transfer your payment to another allocated time. If a notice of less than 48 hours notice is given, the member will be billed for the session regardless.
- Induction Printmaking Membership Fee: $100
- Renewal fee from 2nd year at $80
- Half Day Guest Studio Rental (4 hour session): $35
- Whole Day Guest Studio Rental (8 hour session): $70
- Exclusive Guest Studio Rate (to book the whole studio per day – 5 people max): $300
- 10 full days sessions (valid for 6 months) : $ 500 25 full days sessions (valid for 12 months) : $1000
- All fees are inclusive of use of the presses, newsprint paper, solvents, limited inks, Squeegees and rollers. The fee does not include printing papers, extra inks and other consumables – members are encouraged to bring their own materials.
- Kindly note that members are allowed to leave their prints in the studio for a grace period of up to 3 months –This is to ensure sufficient time for members to collect their prints. STPI has the rights to dispose of prints not collected during the grace period stated and not be held responsible for unlabelled/missing prints left unattended in the guest studio beyond 3 months.